22 best sights of Stavropol – description and photos


Stavropol is a city in the North Caucasus, the capital of Stavropol Territory. Lying in the foothills of the Caucasus, in XVIII-XIX centuries it was the southern outpost of the country, a bulwark of the Cossacks. An important defensive frontier in imperial Russia, in the first half of the 20th century Stavropol remained a training center for cavalry troops. Nowadays Stavropol is a center of the largest historical, natural-science and art museums of the region, amusement parks and archaeological monuments in the open air. In the summertime in the vicinity of the city you can find excellent places for swimming and fishing.

Save on a trip to Stavropol!

Video: Stavropol from Above

Weather in Stavropol

Stavropol is open to all winds, especially in February and March, so despite the mild climate, the weather in the city can have surprises. In summer it is dry and hot, but in June there may be showers and thunderstorms. The winter is frosty and clear, but subtropical winds bring thaws.

Snow-covered Tukhachevskogo Street View of 6th and 7th neighborhoods of Stavropol


Like most southern cities in the country, Stavropol was founded as a fortress. The first fortifications date back to 1777. The choice of location for the construction of fortifications was not random: on one side the positions were safely protected by a precipice to the river Tashly, on the south there were small riverbeds, making the enemy’s advancement more difficult. To the east, beyond the territory of the fortress, the approaches to it were closed by Stavropolskaya Stanitsa, where the Cossacks lived.

At the beginning of the 19th century the importance of Stavropol-Kavkazsky increased – by order of General Yermolov the main military forces of the Caucasus were concentrated in this city, while the role of the local Cossacks increased. With changes in the borders of the state, moving them to the south, Stavropol lost its strategic importance, but continued to develop as a center of the province. After the revolution, the composition of the population of Stavropol changed significantly: many local Cossacks were evicted and people from Central Russia came to their homes. From 1935 to 1943, the town was officially called Voroshilovsky, while it remained Stavropol Territory, and then the historical name was given back, though without the second part, “Kavkazsky”.

Library in XX century. Old photos of Stavropol. The Tiflis gate, 1900 Pre-revolutionary Stavropol

Cossacks of Stavropol

The first Cossack settlers, mostly Terek and Kuban, appeared in the area of Stavropol in the second half of the 18th century spontaneously, without the order of the state authorities. On the territory of the modern city the Cossack stanitsa was located within the Lower Market. The settlement was planned as a Roman camp, with a regular grid of dwellings, the necessary administrative services and defensive moats. The latter was a necessary precaution because of regular Caucasian raids. Since 1825, the borders of the empire have changed, the city no longer needed so many Cossacks, so they were massively relocated to the south, forcing them to abandon their homes and farms. After that, it turned out that there were almost no military men of their own in the province, so some of the local peasants – Russians and Ukrainians – were enrolled as Cossacks.

In 1832 were organized the Caucasian Cossack Host, with headquarters in Stavropol and the Stavropol Cossack Regiment as part of it. The new formation proved to be effective, playing the role of both the military and the police. In case of alarm, all the Cossacks and militiamen from the villages nearest to Stavropol rose within an hour. Since that time, it became much calmer in Stavropol and the surrounding area, new farmsteads appeared outside the fortifications and agriculture developed.

The history of the Stavropol Cossacks was interrupted in 1860, when the Stavropol Territory lost its center in Vladikavkaz and the Kuban Region, centered in Yekaterinodar. The very notion of Stavropol Cossacks was lost: only those officially assigned to the Terek and Kuban Cossacks remained in the city and its environs. After the revolution, everything got even more mixed up: the Terek Cossacks were evicted to Stavropol Territory and the local Cossacks to Siberia. In 1924 cavalry Cossack units were revived, after the war a higher school of horseback riding for the needs of the army worked in the city, but in 1955 Cossack troops finally disbanded as obsolete.

Museum of Cossack History

In 1990, a congress dedicated to the revival of the local Cossacks was held in Stavropol. Today the city has a Cossack ataman, a position officially recognized at the federal level. Not far from the railway station there is a Museum of the History of Cossacks with a diorama, historical clothing and weapons of the Cossacks. The Cossacks Union participates in all city events, conducts enlightenment and educational work.

Stavropol from above

Natural attractions of Stavropol

Stavropol is famous for its spectacular scenery: grass-covered hills, shady forests, springs and waterfalls. Formally within the city, but in fact 18 kilometers from the center is the Sengileyevskoye Reservoir, formed in 1958, which is the main source of water for Stavropol. Although it is drained by the local thermal power plant, the lake is considered clean, and it is home to the chamois, silver carp, bream, fish, and bester, a hybrid of beluga and sterlet. There are no annoying large algae in the water; thanks to protective structures on the spillway, which do not allow the outflow of young fish, the number of fish in Sengileevskoe grows every year. However, tourists will not be able to enjoy this splendor: swimming and fishing in the reservoir are prohibited.

18 Best Sights of Cartagena - description and photos

Beach recreation

Stavropol citizens are not afraid of the ban on diving in the Sengileyev reservoir: there are many beaches in the city and its surroundings. Within Stavropol city limits there is Komsomolskoye lake with a sandy shore and all amenities, but not very clean water. You can take a dip in the flowing spring water in Koryty, the baths at the Kholodny spring and at Mikhailovsky. Novotroitskoye and Egorlykskoye reservoirs are open to the public – the latter is favored by kitesurfers. Within an hour’s drive from the city there are lots of bases with well equipped beaches on ponds and lakes, usually with good fishing. The beaches nearest to Stavropol have only two disadvantages – muddy bottom and the need to pay extra for a vacation on a clean beach.

Lenin Square in Stavropol

City attractions

Founded two and a half centuries ago, Stavropol is not rich in historical and architectural monuments, but you can find interesting tourist attractions there as well. A monument of interesting geography is 45th Parallel Street, lying at an equal distance from the pole and the equator.

Symbol of Stavropol – Monument “Cross”, erected in 1900 on the Sobornaya Hill in memory of the centenary of the death of Suvorov. Guardian Angel of the city was established in our century on Alexander Square.

German bridge over the river Mamayka, built by prisoners of war during World War I, stands apart. The object resembles the ruins of a Roman aqueduct in the middle of the forest. Once it was supposed to be a railroad, now it is a trainer for climbers.

German Bridge over Mamayka River

Open Air Museums and Parks of Stavropol

A visit to the archaeological sites at the Tatarskoe Gorodishche and the botanical garden is a great entertainment for the whole day. The former is located in a protected area, so it is visited only with a guide, rest in the garden is available to everyone for a modest fee.

Botanical Garden of Stavropol

The largest botanical garden in the south contains 17 collections of plants from around the world. Although there are noisy city highways nearby, the alleys, lawns, and greenhouses of the garden are quiet and peaceful. Educational institutions introduce new plants, conduct educational programs for schoolchildren, and create landscape design projects. From March to November the botanical garden of Stavropol works every day from 9 to 18 hours, in the rest of the year it closes an hour earlier. The ticket costs 50 rubles for schoolchildren and 100 rubles for adults and the excursion costs twice as much.

Botanical Garden of Stavropol

Tatar ancient settlement

The traces of Koban, Scythian, Sarmatian and Khazar settlements: roads, fortifications, temples, burial grounds from the 8th century B.C. to the 10th century A.D. were found in the forests near Stavropol. Three-hour tour costs from 180 rubles per person. You should get ready for the trip to the settlement as for the small hike: to pick up comfortable clothes, to provide protection from the sun, to take water and some food, as the tourist infrastructure nearby is absent in principle. The road will pass through the hills – tourists are required to have a good physical preparation.

In fact, it is difficult to guess without an experienced guide that the ramparts and remains of the fortress are hidden under the lush vegetation. Only the crypt burial ground made of large stones, which is about 2.5 thousand years old, catches your eye. A lot of natural attractions are also hidden in the Tatarsky fortress. You can see the “Pagoda” waterfall in a beech forest that has tiers of ledges on which icicles spectacularly freeze in winter. Travertine waterfall is made of the blocks of limestone tuff.

Victory Park

The park occupies 200 hectares and is located in a natural forest in the south-west of Stavropol. It has several dozens of attractions, a water park and a skating rink. In Victory Park, to the right of the central alley, there is the only rope Panda Park in the region. Its guests are offered 3 routes with the height from 0.5 to 6 meters. “Children’s”, designed for visitors 4-7 years old, runs on logs and ropes half a meter off the ground. On “Bold” you must overcome 11 obstacles in half an hour at a height of 3 meters, including suspension bridge, ropes and descent on the trolley. The most difficult, “High”, offers crossings over bridges, a ride on a bicycle on a rope and a jump from the platform. The cost of participation is 50 rubles for children and from 200 rubles for adults.

Victory Park in Stavropol

Stavropol Museums

Stavropol museum life is active and varied – from traditional local history and art collections to interactive natural science exhibitions. Especially valuable are archaeological collections and galleries of modern art.

5 dishes of Slovenian cuisine
Historical, Cultural and Natural Landscape Museum

The institution bears the name of the local local historians Prozritelyev and Prave. The first began with ethnographic collections, the second – with the natural ones, prepared for the needs of school education. The collection is displayed in a historic building, built in 1873 – the former trading rows. The ethnographic hall presents the life of peoples of the North Caucasus and pre-revolutionary resort towns. Paleontological section is interesting with skeletons of southern elephant, extinct cetotherian whales from Sarmatian Sea, which swam here 10 million years ago, when Caucasus was just an island, Pliocene rhinoceroses that lived in Eurasia. In the hall of archeology there are the richest local finds, including those from the immediate vicinity of Stavropol.

The museum has a souvenir shop with magnets, books and stationery. Guests are welcomed from Wednesday to Sunday from 10 to 18 hours, on Tuesday until 17 o’clock only take organized groups. Tickets are free for children and schoolchildren, students and seniors – for 50 rubles, adults – for 100 rubles, for visiting temporary exhibitions are charged extra. Photo and video shooting in the halls of the museum is paid.

Museum-Estate of V. Smirnov

Museum-estate of the artist and academician Vasily Smirnov, who worked at the end of the XIX – beginning of the XX centuries, is interesting for connoisseurs of the pre-revolutionary life. In the house, built in 1877, there are preserved authentic wicker chairs, a piano, a tablecloth, and photos of the artist’s family. There is also a memorial to his friend, the founder of Ossetian literature, Kosta Khetagurov. The garden has a partially preserved old fence, a gazebo and a barn have been recreated from photographs. The cost of a visit is 20-40 rubles.

Stavropol Regional Museum of Fine Arts

The museum exhibits works by painters of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. In addition to the classics, there is an interesting collection of Soviet and contemporary art, icons and objects of decorative and applied art. Access to the permanent exhibition is free for children under 16 years old, the ticket for students and pensioners costs 60 rubles, for adults 70 rubles, a tour of all exhibitions – 2 times more expensive.

Stavropol Regional Museum of Fine Arts

Museum of Amusing Sciences Einstein

The natural science area in Stavropol is represented by the “Einsteinium”. During the hour and a half tour young visitors in an entertaining form tell about waves, levers, the structure of the human body, sound, reveal the secrets of tricks and puzzles. The museum is open from 10 to 20 hours seven days a week. Tickets for children cost from 350 rubles on weekdays, adult (from 16 years) – from 450 rubles, families with two children visit will cost a little cheaper, large families discount of 35%. On weekends the visit is about 15% more expensive. On request of visitors to the museum celebrate the Scientific New Year, Harry Potter’s Day, graduation and birthdays.

Museum of Amusing Sciences Einstein

Parshin Art Gallery

Famous in Russia and abroad, Stavropol artist Sergey Parshin opened his own gallery near the Central Park in Stavropol. The art gallery is a multifunctional cultural center of European level. There are lectures, performances, painting and theatrical studios, Russian and foreign artists and sculptors give master-classes. The halls exhibit works by the master and paintings by his countrymen, thematic expositions are devoted to the history of photography, painting, arts and crafts. The gallery is open from 11 am to 8 pm, seven days a week. The ticket price for an exhibition or lecture is 150-200 rubles, the price for a show is around 500 rubles.


There are two noteworthy zoological objects for tourists in Stavropol. There is a zoo “Berendeyevo” located in Central Park. In it you can feed and pet lambs, rabbits, raccoons, ostrich chicks. Pleasure to communicate with animals will cost 250-300 rubles. The indoor exotarium, located on the south side of the park, near the second entrance, contains wild animals not accustomed to hands. The collection includes more than 30 species of reptiles and amphibians, 13 huge aquariums, lemurs and meerkats. Exotarium works from 10 am till 8 pm in summer and till 6 pm in winter. Visiting costs 250 rubles for adults and 200 rubles for children. – For children.

Where to stay

Stavropol has several dozens of hotels and hostels in different price categories. The expensive ones include the 4-star “Continent” with its stylish laconic interiors, the classic “Eurohotel Stavropol”, the small cozy “Onegin” and “Park Hotel Stavropol” – a sample of Eastern splendor. The cost of living in them with breakfast starts from 3000 rubles per night.

Inexpensive rooms from 800 rubles per night with breakfast provide Ofah Residence, “Elbrus”. 3-star hotels “Champagne”, “Oktyabrsky”, “Intourist” cost from 2000 rubles per night. The rooms in this price category have a southern flavor in the form of lush draperies, murals, stucco and crystal chandeliers. There are lots of camping sites of predominantly cottage type in the vicinity of Stavropol.

How to get there

Major highways to Rostov-on-Don and Elista pass through Stavropol. The railroad is laid apart from the main Rostov line, so a direct rail connection connects Stavropol with only a few cities in the country – Moscow, Rostov, and Voronezh. The main intercity transport is buses. There are several regular flights to Moscow from the local airport, located to the east of the city, and there is a connection to Istanbul, while other routes are charter ones.

The 36 best sights of Tenerife - descriptions and photos

24 major attractions of Stavropol

Beautiful view of the city

Stavropol is an amazing ancient city with a rich history and natural treasures. You can visit many attractions: stroll through well-maintained parks, walk through the historical and architectural monuments of antiquity, go to one of the many museums and watch a play at the theater. For every tourist is sure to find something interesting to do, including for children.

What to see in Stavropol and its suburbs in one day

Most of the attractions can be viewed in one day. After all, they are located almost in the center of Stavropol. They can be bypassed on their own with a map, without a guide, especially if you prepare, and read the descriptions and interesting facts in the guides.

Alexander Square

Cascade of fountains on the square

The starting point can be considered Karl Marx Avenue. Here is an old building of the railway station. It is recommended to visit the Stavropol Museum of Fine Arts. Go to the Alexander Square and look at the monument of Guardian Angel.

Have a bite to eat and rest after the walk in The Royce gastropub. Continuation of cultural leisure will follow in the Stavropol Drama Theater.

Memorable and famous sights

Fortress Mountain

The Azovo-Mozdok defensive line fortress was erected here

Among the memorable places worthy to include:

  • The famous Cathedral in the name of the icon of the Kazan Mother of God;
  • Fortress Mountain;
  • “Khoper Tent.”
  • the memorial “Flame of Eternal Glory”;
  • Monument to the Red Guard Soldier;
  • Lermontov Drama Theater.

Beautiful places for a photo shoot

Views of Stavropol

A place for a beautiful photo shoot

The most basic places for a photo shoot in the city:

  • Victory Park;
  • Central Park;
  • Stavropol Botanical Garden;
  • German Bridge;
  • SNIISKh Arboretum;
  • Swallow Alley;
  • Admiral Park.

Stavropol is a beautiful city, full not only of architectural and historical monuments of antiquity. But also famous for its natural treasures in the form of woodlands. There is a rest for every tourist. There are a lot of parks, amusements, museums, theaters. There are botanical gardens, water park, dendropark, terrarium. You just need to come and choose where to go at once.

Monument to Yermolov.

The bust is cast at the Minsk foundry, the pedestal is made of noble dark burgundy granite in the Moscow region.

The monument was erected along Karl Marx Avenue in 1998 according to the project by sculptor N. F. Sanzharov. This is a cast bronze bust of the general placed on a red granite pedestal. A. P. Ermolov was an outstanding serviceman, a wise politician and a reformer. He played an important role in the history of Stavropol, freeing the Caucasus from the slave trade.

Seraphim of Sarov Source

One of the most famous attractions of the city is the spring of Seraphim of Sarov with its healing water

A spring with healing water, which is an Orthodox shrine. The time of its development coincides with the construction of the Stavropol fortress. The spring is not far from the monastery, which the clergy took care of. Believers believe that water from the spring can heal many different diseases. Water flows into a small tub, and from it into a special pool.

Monument “Guardian Angel”.

It is a red granite column, on top of which there is a bronze sculpture of an angel.

Monument installed in the city center in 2002 to commemorate the 225th anniversary of Stavropol Day. It is a tall column of red granite, the top of which is decorated with a sculpture of an angel. His hands are raised up and holding a cross. One of the feet of the angel leans on a gilded sphere. Nearby is the city fountain.

Fortress Hill

To the 200th anniversary of Stavropol there was a military and historical monument “Khoper tent” and a monument to A. Suvorov

In 1777 the defensive fortress of Stavropol was erected here. Nearby were a soldier’s sloboda, a quarter of the Armenians and the bourgeois outpost. It was they who later founded the city of Stavropol. In 19th century the fortress lost its defensive importance. Today it is a historical part of the city, where tourists tend to stroll.

Central Park

This is a natural monument, protected at the state level. The park is over 150 years old. Its total area is 12 hectares. There is information that this forest was used by famous Russian writers Pushkin, Lermontov, and Griboyedov. Here they were inspired to write new masterpieces. Today there is a “contact zoo” in the park.

Victory Park

An ennobled park area with beautiful flowerbeds, benches and 30 km of paths, located in a wooded area. Here you can take a walk, hidden from the summer heat in the shade of trees, have a ride on the rides, have a meal in a nice cafe with dishes of European and Caucasian cuisine. Here the citizens often go in for sports. Tranquility and neat paths only encourage running.

23 Best Sights of Teletskoye Lake - description and photos

Stavropol Krai Zoo Exotarium

You can see exotic animals: mammals, reptiles, birds, fish, insects collected from around the world

The museum was founded in 1998 under the leadership of E. Trutnev. N. Trutnev, who is the current director of the institution. Here you can admire different species of birds, reptiles, mammals, fish and insects brought from all over the world. The exhibition is presented in the form of 30 terrariums. Each of these glass houses is inhabited by an animal. Items imitating their natural habitat serve as decorations.

“German Bridges.”

The bridges are known as “German bridges” because engineers from Germany and Belgium were actively involved in their construction

This is a fragment of a brilliantly designed ancient railroad track. Today you can find the landmark in a picturesque place in Mamaisky Forest. Although in the 19th century, the famous narrow gauge Tuapse, which dates back to 1908, was located here. During the Civil War, the bridge was abandoned. Until today, the highest arch of 20 meters has remained.

Cold Springs

The Cold spring, which unites a group of springs, is located in the western part of the city, at an altitude of 620 meters above sea level.

On the territory of the natural monument, the Taman forest, with an area of 6 hectares, there are the Small (Mikhailovsky) and the Big Cold spring

A memorial complex located in the Taman forest, built to commemorate those killed during the repressions and wars in the period 1930-1950. The structure combines several springs at an altitude of 620 m above sea level. On the territory of the forest are placed Small and Large cold springs. The distance between them is considerable. This is a quite picturesque place where you can take great pictures in the fall.

Tiflis Gate

The second name is the Arc de Triomphe. It is located on the Stavropol Boulevard, and dates back to 1841. The construction of the gate was begun by the entrepreneur G. Tamamshev, for which he was the first awarded with the honorary citizen of Stavropol. It is interesting! Originally the structure was used as a city gate from the eastern part of the city. At the same time the arch was considered a monument to the glory of Russian arms.

The building of the railway station

The railway station by its architecture resembled a medieval castle, as if guarding the entrance to the Castle of the Cross

The new building was designed by the famous Stavropol architect Nikolai Dmitrievich Chekmotaev.

In the 19th century the first rolling stock in Stavropol passed through here. At its time the construction of the station was of paramount importance. After all, it became a special strategic site, uniting the Caucasus and Vladikavkaz. During the war the building was destroyed several times. But it was rebuilt again. Today it is an amazingly beautiful structure of blue color with decoration in the form of stucco.

St. Andrew’s Cathedral

This is a four-pillar structure with one dome, which was created in the Russian-Byzantine style. It dates from 1897, designed by architect G. P. Kustov. The cathedral church is quite easy to find. It is located in the center of the city near the Bishop’s forest. Here they honor their traditions. It is mandatory to celebrate the day of St. Andrew. The following relics deserve special attention: the image of the Mother of God “Troeruchitsa” and “Assuage My Sorrows”.

Kazan Cathedral

The cathedral is located on Cathedral Square in the central part of the city. The project of the Kazan Cathedral was signed by Nicholas I. The construction of the stone building lasted ten years. Then in 1943 by order of the city authorities the temple was undermined. And only in 1991 it was decided to rebuild the church.

Lermontov Drama Theater

The oldest theater in the Caucasus, dating back to 1845. It is a stone building with two tiers of boxes and a gallery on the third. A great number of famous artists of Russia performed here, including: B. Danilchenko, M. Kaplan, V. Menshov, M. Nikolsky, V. Rabovskaya, V. Fomenko and others. To date, the permanent corpse consists of 35 actors.

Museum-Estate of V. Smirnov

The museum of famous Russian artist V. I. Smirnov and his friend and pupil, enlightener of Ossetian people Kosta Levanovich Khetagurov

В. After graduating from the St. Petersburg Academy of Sciences, Smirnov settled in Stavropol and taught in a gymnasium and a real school.

In the 70s of the 20th century the authorities bought the land and the house from Smirnov’s heirs and organized People’s Museum of Literature with a memorial to Khetagurov on the basis of the Stavropol Krai Museum.

It is an old manor house of the talented artist V. I. Smirnov, dating back to the 19th century. It is supplemented with various outbuildings, a luxurious garden and a well with pure ice water. Everything is as it should be for a typical Stavropol family. The interior of the house has been preserved in its original form to our time. The artist’s daughter gave it to the city after she moved there.

Museum of Cossack History

The museum is based on the private collection of hereditary Cossack, the ataman of the city Cossack society V. Esaulov.

The 17 best sights of Hammamet - description and photos

It has a unique collection of sabres and daggers of the 19th century, samples of firearms, orders and medals, medal weapons, and objects connected with the service of Cossacks in the cavalry of His Imperial Majesty.

The museum was opened on Vokzalnaya Street in 2000. It concentrates a unique collection of daggers and sabers, dating back to the 19th century. Medals and other attributes of the Cossack army are represented. You can see the original uniforms of the Tersk and Don Cossacks with their unique cut. In addition, there is a model of the construction, which housed the Church of the Cossacks.

Museum of Fine Arts

There is an impressive variety of antique, Western European, Eastern and Russian art monuments here

A unique museum that was opened in 1962. A huge number of art treasures from different times are concentrated here. The territory of the museum is presented in an architectural ensemble of three buildings, which are reunited to form an integral structure. Here you can see the paintings of antiquity, classical art of Western Europe, including modern paintings. Recent paintings are mostly the works of local artists.

Parshin Art Gallery

Here you can not only get new aesthetic impressions but also get acquainted with the cultural life of the city.

The gallery is located in the historic center of the city and dates back to 2011. It was named after its founder. Against the backdrop of modern design, vintage pieces look harmonious. This is a status place, which does not associate itself only with the exhibition center. Indoor parties, gala events, and even chamber theaters are regularly held here.

P. M. Grechishkin Art Gallery

Most of the works are landscapes painted during his travels in Stavropol Krai, the Caucasus, Altai, Buryatia, India, Nepal, Egypt and France

A branch of the Stavropol Museum-Reserve, whose exhibits are donations. 167 canvases with images of landscapes were donated to the city by P.M. Grechishkin. Today the exhibition has about five hundred works, and 50 of them are graphic. Certain paintings of the artist can be seen in various museums and galleries, both within the Russian Federation and abroad. Whereas most of the author’s creative work is concentrated here.

Local History Museum

Located in the historic city center in a building of the 19th century. Earlier there were rows of shops. During the Second World War, the museum was badly robbed. Especially the ethnographic and numismatic exhibition suffered. Despite the occupation, the museum still continued to work. Today there are over 300,000 exhibits. The entire fund is computerized, so the tour will not be boring and entertaining.

Memorial “Flame of Eternal Glory

Located in the central part of Stavropol, near Karl Marx Avenue at Komsomolskaya Gorka

There are three faces looking at the observer: the first one symbolizes the heroes of the Civil War, the second one symbolizes the heroes of the Great Patriotic War, the third one, a female face – the face of Motherland

The opening of the memorial complex took place in 1967 on Krepostnaya Hill, more precisely on the place of the common grave. Here are the graves of soldiers killed during the Second World War. It is a monolithic concrete wall, on which faces of two men and a woman are carved. The latter symbolizes the Motherland. A little ahead, the eternal flame burns.

Alexander Square

Cultural and recreational complex “Nemo”, which consists of a hotel, restaurants, beach complex, oceanarium, dolphin therapy center and dolphinarium

It was named after Alexander II in 1851, when Mikhail Semenovich Vorontsov sanctioned its renaming

Located in the busiest part of the city, in immediate proximity to cafes, large shopping malls, administrative buildings and restaurants

Central square of the city, named in honor of Alexander II. In the 19th century he rewarded his subjects with a visit to Stavropol, which did not go unnoticed. Townspeople also call the square “the square of Angels”. Because in the center there is a sculpture of guardian angel of Stavropol on a high pedestal. In the neighborhood there are many restaurants, cafes and stores.

“Khoper tent” and part of the fortress wall

The erection of Stavropol was originally intended as a defensive structure. Later this construction was called the “Gate of the Caucasus”. Today only certain fragments of the fortress wall remain, dating back to the 19th century. Not far from the preserved remains of the fortification there is a monument “Khoper Tent”. It is a stone construction in the form of a marching tent, mounted on a low pedestal. A symbolic key to the city is hidden inside it.

Monument to the Red Guard Soldier

The foundation of the monument dates back to the 80s of the 19th century in honor of the removal of Stavropol siege of the White Guards during the Civil War. The structure was installed on the Krepostnaya Hill. It is a symbol of the city, which is a calling card of Stavropol. Meetings and dates are arranged here, excursions are held and the citizens just walk around. In front of the monument is an observation deck, which offers a beautiful view of the city.

( No ratings yet )
Like this post? Please share to your friends:
Leave a Reply

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: