The 13 Best Hotels in Crete, Greece
Crete, the fifth largest island in the Mediterranean Sea, is an idyllic place that will take you to the edge of steep mountains and paradisiacal beaches. Here, where history meets myth, dream, relax, and unplug from your routine.
Stroll through its wild landscapes, take a dip in its turquoise waters, stop at its charming villages and discover the little secrets of the cradle of the ancient Minoan civilization.
Whether you are a nature lover in search of beautiful scenery or just dream of relaxing in the shade of olive trees, this island has all the possibilities to win your heart. To make the most of your stay, book a room at one of the best hotels in Crete !
A family atmosphere
1. the Nostos Beach Boutique Hotel. Nostos Beach Boutique Hotel is located on the beach in the small fishing village of Bali. It is the perfect place to enjoy a holiday in the sun. Whether you are traveling with family or friends, you will appreciate its stunning beachfront location and the wide variety of water sports available. Both adults and children can enjoy the waves and discover the beautiful underwater life that inhabits these waters.
Do you prefer to relax in peace and quiet? This hotel has everything you need! You can read a book in the shade of an umbrella or by the pool, enjoy delicious cocktails and snacks at the Nostos Beach Bar, or just take a nap in the spacious and tastefully furnished rooms.
A family atmosphere
2. Petra Mare . Experience unique moments by the sea at one of the best hotels in Crete: Petra Mare. Right by the sea, the hotel has a wonderful family atmosphere that will charm you.
Enjoy the cozy rooms, most of which have a sea view, spend time in the pool relaxing and watching the little ones play in the children’s pool. In the evening, enjoy a drink at the bar with live music or dine with a fantastic view on the restaurant terrace.
A family atmosphere
3. Esperides Villas . With 15 buildings and 105 suites, Esperides Villas is a luxury resort where you’ll feel right at home. Whether you are traveling with family or friends, you will be warmly welcomed in the heart of the famous village of Koutouloufari.
In its four pools, one of which is exclusively for adults, you will have no problem cooling down on hot summer days. Even the littlest ones can enjoy the pool designed for them to splash around in silence. If you need to de-stress, head to the outdoor spa or fitness center.
A family atmosphere
4. Spilia Village Hotel & Villas . Steeped in citrus and olive groves, Spilia Village Hotel & Villas is the perfect blend of luxury and traditional style. Immerse yourself in the lush greenery of a typical Greek village and enjoy the unique atmosphere.
Spread over approximately four hectares, this finest hotel in Crete offers 30 rooms, including 6 suites and a villa where antiquity meets modernity. You will be enchanted by the stone and projecting beams of its rooms, as well as the truly beautiful exterior.
Relax in the quiet garden and refresh yourself in the pool surrounded by orange trees. For a taste of Cretan flavors, head to Halara Taverna, where you can delight your taste buds in a unique setting.
5. Coriva Beach . Coriva Beach Hotel is considered one of the best in Crete. It is a delightful place to spend a few days or more right on the water. Relax in the beautiful and clean rooms in the morning, sunbathe by the pool overlooking the sea, breathe the fresh air in the lush gardens and enjoy Pelagos Tavern specialties and local produce.
You can also take advantage of the hotel’s location to walk to Long Beach or arrange excursions and walks to the island’s most beautiful sites.
6. Boutique Hotel Creta Blue . Enjoy a magical stay at the beautiful Creta Blue Boutique Hotel. This charming adults-only boutique hotel invites you to relax, and its 28 luxurious rooms are unforgettable.
Enjoy its exceptional atmosphere, where nature and tranquility are the rule, and rediscover the luxury of simplicity. During the day, admire the stunning panoramic views of the region right from the landscaped pool.
In the evening, watch as the pool bar transforms into a romantic open-air restaurant serving delicious dishes made with the freshest ingredients, here you will feel truly lucky.
7. Athermono Boutique Resort & Spa . In Platanes, just steps from the beach, Atermono Boutique Resort & Spa is the perfect place for a romantic getaway. Let yourself be seduced by the gorgeous suites with private pools, enjoy relaxing in rooms flooded with gorgeous natural light, and relax in the uniquely designed spa.
Want more? Head up to the rooftop for a swim in the stunning landscape pool, relax in the garden, sample restaurant food and sip a cocktail as you watch the sun set.
8. Asterion Suites & Spa . The Asterion Suites & Spa, tucked away on Platanias Beach in Chania, is undoubtedly one of the best hotels in Crete. At the foot of the crystal clear waters of the Aegean Sea and surrounded by breathtaking views, this little paradise offers unparalleled sophistication and luxury combined with a warm sense of local hospitality.
Immerse yourself in the sparkling blue of the sky and sea and immerse yourself in the myth of Asterion, which inspired this magnificent establishment at the crossroads between modern and traditional. Let yourself be enchanted by the authentic island charm of the minimalist interior and enjoy the breathtaking view outside.
With 67 bright rooms with a private pool or with access to a shared pool, garden and gourmet restaurant, Asterion Suites & Spa delivers pleasure in every way.
9. Hotel Syntopia . Designed exclusively for adults, Hotel Syntopia will give you an unforgettable experience. Stylishly hippy-chic among Crete hotels, it will appeal to bohemian souls and lovers of luxury, but with simplicity. A perfect combination of Aegean architecture with wood and wicker elements, a modern style offering a charming setting for a romantic and relaxing vacation.
Relax on comfy poolside loungers, order a fresh cocktail at the bar and indulge in fine street food inspired by different regions of the world.
After a busy day of sightseeing or sunbathing, you can return to beautiful rooms overlooking the pool or mountains.
10. Dyo Suites . Dyo Suites will take you from a combination of first class design and high technology to a unique world just a few minutes walk from the old city of Rethymno. A great alternative if you want to enjoy the hustle and bustle of the city while staying close to the beach in one of the best hotels in Crete.
Relax in its fantastic suites with stunning sea views and enjoy their various technological features. From digital voice assistant to lighting and temperature, you truly have the ability to control every aspect of your room thanks to home automation.
11.Boutique Hotel HOME . Find sanctuary in the heart of Heraklion by booking a room at the DOM Boutique Hotel. It is designed by interior designer Valia Lemonaki and offers an elegant and sophisticated atmosphere that will not leave you indifferent.
After a day of sightseeing at local attractions such as the historic museum or the Venetian port, or a day spent on the Amudara beach, enjoy the peace and quiet of the spacious rooms and the delicious food in the restaurant, prepared with products from local farms.
12. Lavris City Suites . Lavris City Suites Hotel is located near the historic center of Heraklion and its main tourist attractions. It offers 4 modern apartments with a cozy and relaxing atmosphere. Let yourself be enchanted by its soft light and recharge your energy in its comfortable beds. A little extra: your arrival here is facilitated by the contactless check-in system.
Take advantage of its privileged location to easily reach the port and the old town. Want to use public transportation? It’s easy, just cross the street! What more could you wish for a pleasant stay in the Cretan capital?
13. Avra City Hotel . In the heart of Chania, in a late 19th century mansion, the Avra City Hotel is a perfect combination of old world charm and modern aesthetics. No doubt one of the best hotels of Crete and also the ideal place for a pleasant stay, a few steps away from the historical monuments and the most important areas of the city.
The combination of Art Deco style with a mix of wood and marble creates a warm and elegant atmosphere that you will surely love. Relax in 12 uniquely designed rooms while admiring beautiful views of the city’s gardens.