National Parks of the World
The Grand Canyon is one of the deepest canyons in the world and one of the most unusual geological objects on our planet. It is located in the state of.
Death Valley is one of the most beautiful places in California and a national wildlife refuge in the United States. It is located in the eastern part of California, almost at.
Plitvice Lakes is the largest and oldest national park in Croatia. It is a magical creation of nature, spread out on the borderland.
Cinque Terre is part of the Italian Riviera coast. It is a small protected region in the province of La Spezia in the northwest of the country.
Lake Plescheyevo is a national park in the Yaroslavl region, created to preserve the historical landscape around Pereslavl-Zalessky.
Zyuratkul – a national park located in the southern part of Satka district of Chelyabinsk region, 30 km south of Satka, 200 km west.
Taganai National Park is a vast protected area covering 568 km². Taganai is spread out on the spurs of the Southern Urals, in the Western Urals.
Ergaki is a nature park of regional importance, located in the south of Krasnoyarsk Territory. Its area is 342,873 hectares. Yergaki is located in.
Yosemite National Park is famous all over the world. It is a unique ecological system, which was included in the World Heritage List in 1984.
The Lena Pillars are located in the middle course of the Lena River. The terrain here is so picturesque that it leaves an indelible mark on your soul.
The Ugra National Park is a UNESCO biosphere reserve located in the Kaluga Region. The total area is two-thirds covered by forests.
Madidi National Park is located in the upper reaches of the Amazon basin in Bolivia. It was founded in 1995, has an area of 18,958.
Yugyd Va National Park is located on the territory of the Komi Republic. It is the largest protected natural area in Russia, a common area.
Pantanal is a majestic reserve on the territory of Brazil. It is incredibly rich in flora and fauna, and most of the space is occupied.
Natural Park “Deer Ruchy” is located in the Sverdlovsk region on the territory of Nizhneserginsky municipal district, 100 km to the southwest.
The park “Russian North” was founded on March 20, 1992 in order to preserve the unique natural complexes of the Vologda Poozerie and.
The Samaria Gorge, located near the Cretan city of Chania, is recognized as the largest in Europe. On the territory of Samaria Gorge.
Serebryany Bor, the green jewel of the Russian capital, is an artificial island located in a bend of the Moskva River and separated from it.
Smolensk Lakeland is a national park in the northwest of Smolensk region. The area received its name because of 35 glacial lakes.
Hakone is a beautiful national park located south of Mount Fuji. There are plenty of lakes and hot springs, shrines and art.
Monument Valley, an area of extraordinary sandstone cliffs rising to a height of 300 m, is one of the most familiar images.
Bashkiria National Park is located on the southwestern spurs of the ancient Ural Mountains, west of the Uraltau watershed ridge, in.
Lake Malawi in Lake Malawi National Park Lake Malawi is the third largest lake in Africa and the ninth largest in the world
Samarska Luka is a national park and the largest and most famous bend of the Volga River. It is located in the lower reaches between the village of Usolie and.
The Skeleton Coast in Namibia stretches 500 km south from the Kunene River to the Ugab River. It is one of the most uninhabited and least visited places on earth.
Yellowstone National Park is a biosphere reserve and is listed as a World Heritage Site because of its unique topography.
Kenozersky National Park is a corner of the Arkhangelsk Region that has preserved the original Russian culture and traditions. The territory of the park.
Mamontova Cave is a national park with the longest cave system in the world – about 482.80 km of explored passages. Mammoth Cave as.
The Serengeti National Park was established in 1951 as a reserve covering a huge area in northern Tanzania (14,763 km²).
Top 30 most beautiful national parks in the world
The American television channel CNN ranked the 30 most beautiful national parks in the world. The criteria for evaluation were the beauty of nature and the scenic beauty of places, safety and hospitality of the local residents. The TV channel pointed out that the U.S. parks do not participate in the ranking.
1. First place in the ranking went to Iguazu Falls National Park in Argentina. Surrounded by tropical nature, the waterfalls on the Iguazu River are said to be one of the most beautiful and spectacular places on Earth. (Photo: REUTERS/Jorge Adorno).
2. Second place in the ranking went to Los Glaciares National Park in Argentina. 30 percent of the park is covered by ice, so it’s also called Patagonia Glacier Park. (Photo: 123 RF).
3. third place: another national park in Argentina, Nahuel Huapi, which is located in the Andes at 767 meters above sea level. (Photo: 123 RF).
4. Fourth place: the Gandoca Manzanilla National Reserve in Costa Rica.
5. Fifth place in the ranking: Tikal National Park in Guatemala. It includes one of the largest and most famous archaeological sites in the world, the most important center of the Maya civilization Tikal. (Photo: 123 RF).
6. Sixth place in the ranking: Rapa Nui National Park, which is located on Easter Island (Chile) and is famous for its stone sculptures – moai. It is said to be the most geographically distant from other islands and lands inhabited island in the world. (Photo: 123 RF).
7. Seventh place: Torres del Paine National Park located in the Chilean part of Patagonia. According to scientists, the park is 11 million years old. (Photo: 123 RF).
8. Eighth place: Canaima National Park, located in southeastern Venezuela. It is here that the highest waterfall in the world, Angel, is located. (Photo: Flickr / Heather Thorkelson).
9. Ninth place: Galapagos National Park in Ecuador. The famous Galapagos tortoises that gave the islands their name are the longest-living record-breakers among animals – they live more than two hundred years. (Photo: 123 RF).
10. Tenth place: the Cairngorms National Park in Scotland. The park has vast heathlands where birds nest. (Photo: Flickr).
Eleventh place: Göreme National Park in Turkey, which is also an open-air museum with 350 Byzantine churches carved out of rock. (Photo: 123 RF).
12. Twelfth place: Tatrzański or Tatrzański National Park – the only mountain park in Poland created to protect unique mountain landscapes, flora and fauna. (Photo: Marek Podmokly/ Agencja Gazeta).
13. Thirteenth place: the Croatian National Park Plitvice Lakes, which includes 16 beautiful karst lakes connected by waterfalls. (Photo: 123 RF).
14. Fourteenth place: Victoria Falls National Park – located on the Zambezi River in Zambia. (Photo: 123 RF).
15. Fifteenth place: Kruger National Park, the oldest park in South Africa, which is part of the Kruger-to-Canyons Biosphere Reserve. (Photo: 123 RF).
16. Sixteenth place: Namib-Naukluft National Park in Namibia. It covers nearly 50,000 square kilometers of mostly desert and is one of the largest protected areas in the world. (Photo: 123 RF).
17. Seventeenth place: Mana Pools National Park in Zimbabwe. Even in the dry season, there is plenty of moisture left here, which is very important for the ecosystem and animals. (Photo: Flickr / ninara).
18. Eighteenth place: Murchison Falls National Park in Uganda, it has many water cascades that waterfowl have come to love. (Photo: 123 RF).
19. Nineteenth place: Halgurd Sakran National Park in Iraq, which includes Mount Halgurd, 3,607 meters high. (Facebook/press materials).
20. Twentieth place: the desolate Ein Avdat National Park in Israel, which protects beautiful canyon areas inhabited in the time of the first Christians by monks and nabataeans. (Photo: 123 RF).
21. Twenty-first place: Zhangjiajie National Park in China. This is where the famous movie “Avatar” was filmed. (Photo: 123 RF).
22. Twenty-second place: Nejangsan National Park in South Korea – it is especially beautiful in the fall. The park is hidden in the Naejangsan Mountains south of Seoul. (Photo: 123 RF).
23. Twenty-third place: Pagsanhan Gorge National Park in the Philippines. It includes the largest waterfalls in the country. According to legend, before the waterfalls, two twins lived in this place. One day, after a severe drought, one of them died, then the other twin climbed the high rocks and began cursing the gods, when suddenly a spring began to gush from under his feet, which gave rise to the waterfalls. (Photo: 123 RF).
24. Twenty-fourth place: Minneria National Park in Sri Lanka, whose main pride is a large population of elephants. (Photo: 123 RF).
25. Twenty-fifth place: Sundarban National Park, a tiger and biosphere reserve in India. (Photo: 123 RF).
26. Twenty-sixth place: Bannerghatta National Park in India. Part of the park is a nature reserve with over a hundred species of birds, many mammals (including elephants, bears, and leopards), and insects under strict protection. There is also an animal rescue center. (Photo: Flickr / Nisha D).
27. Twenty-seventh place: Bandhavgarh National Park, home to the largest population of tigers in all of India. (Photo: 123 RF).
28. Twenty-eighth Place: Uluru-Kata-Thuta National Park in Australia. The famous red-brown Mount Uluru (Ers Rock) changes its color depending on the angle of light. (Photo: 123 RF).
29. Twenty-ninth place: Blue Mountains National Park in Australia. The name “Blue Mountains” comes from the blue eucalyptus trees growing on the slopes of the mountains. (Photo: 123 RF).
30. Thirtieth Place: Paparoa National Park in New Zealand, whose main attraction is pancake limestone cliffs and beautiful caves. (Photo: 123 RF).