Norway: Norway’s nature, hotels and places of interest.
The country’s fjords have long attracted tourists . Cozy city streets and wonderful architecture attract travelers. Tasty food, ski resorts and the nature of the Arctic Circle will delight you with its beauty.
Nature of Norway
The nature of the Scandinavian country is harsh and varied . Although part of the country is located in the Arctic Circle, but it is warm in winter. The country is great for winter tourism. In this country you can find both mountains, the sea and plains of forests. It is great for hiking and camping.
Nature of Norway
In some parts of Norway the temperature can drop to -40 ° C, but usually it does not fall below -4 ° C. During the summer, the weather is not too hot. It is perfect for people who cannot stand the heat. Norway is the country of polar days and nights. From fall to early spring there comes the polar night, where you can see the northern lights.
How to get to Norway?
The country has several airports, so you can choose the one which is closer to your stopover. From the capital cities there are regular flights that take 2 hours and 40 minutes from Moscow. If you want to get to any country, you can also take a direct flight, but there are always connecting flights. The plane is the only way to get to Norway.
Accommodation in local hotels can not be called a budget. Here prices are higher than in Europe. But often you can get on discounts or promotions. But the quality of service and living conditions are of the highest level. There is an interesting way of living – in historic hotels. Many old buildings are carefully restored and converted into hotels.
If you wish, it is fashionable to live on certain farms away from people and surrounded by nature. The cheapest option are hostels.
As money in the country use Norwegian kroner . You can change your money in banks and at the post office. Also here traveler’s checks are accepted. For each transaction there is a fee, please do not forget about it and use checks.
The most convenient way to pay with credit cards. You can use them everywhere, except in small stores and on public transport.
Where to stay?
- Oslo – the capital of Norway. It is a special way to combine the bustle of a metropolis and the quietness of a remote village. Modern infrastructure and quiet way of life and nice people will please tourists in this city. Beaches and ski resorts will delight experienced travelers.
- Bergen is recognized for its major attractions. Here buried the architecture of yesteryear. The city is rich with sights that you can visit if you want.
- Trondheim is the city of science and the future. In the city there are many famous universities. Here you can also visit interesting attractions.
- Stavanger is also a center of education. The city is filled with institutes and laboratories, but it also has beaches and fjords.
- If you come to Norway to explore nature, the city of Flom is perfect for you . Here you can see the 2nd largest fjord in the world and visit various natural attractions.
- In Tromsø you can watch the amazing northern lights, which happen there really often. For ski lovers, there are the resort towns of Hemsedal, Geilo, Trüsil and Hafjell.
Where to stay?
Geiranger Fjord is a small but amazingly beautiful natural site. This place is loved by all tourists who come here. The sea bay surrounded by rocks can fascinate anyone.
The Viking Ship Museum is an interesting museum. The rooks that act as exhibits have been in the water for over 1,000 years. Several ships with different histories make up the exhibit. The guides are happy to share it with you.
Yustedalsbreen is the largest glacier in Europe. Almost 25 years ago a national park was established here. The total area of the glacier is 1600 square kilometers. Also, this glacier gives rise to other glaciers.
You can often see Bruggen on local postcards. This landmark is included in the list of UNESCO. Once upon a time this place was a place where fishermen sold fish. There have been fires here, but many of the buildings have been restored. The local wooden houses and architecture will be a memorable sight.
Prekestulen is located above the sea bay Luce. This rock was formed about 10000 years ago. The rock has all the facilities for your accommodation during your trip.
Steinsdalfoss is a waterfall that can safely be called one of the most beautiful in the country. There is a walkway under the water jets coming down from the height. The fabulous atmosphere of this place has given it such a huge popularity.
Wiegeland Sculpture Park is visited not only by visitors, but also by locals. It has about 200 sculptures created by the sculptor of the same name. The park is distinguished from others by its well-maintained. This museum is a park with comfortable paths and a huge number of places to relax.
Interesting facts about Norway
- This country is as law-abiding as possible and you can’t find any violations outside of Oslo.
- Oslo is the largest city in the country, although its population is 20 times less than the population of Moscow.
- In the country, not only the mother can take maternity leave, but also the father to be with his child.
- Almost 30% of the country’s capital is made up of immigrants.
- An interesting feature of the country are closed bus stops with sofas for comfortable waiting.
- This country is very sporty, so almost all people do winter sports, as they are very popular here.
- This country is very expensive. The average salary is from €3000. But the prices here are also high.
Norway is an amazing country. It can delight you with its wonderful nature and resorts. You can have a good time at the local ski resorts. The country can surprise you with its diversity. Do not spare time, come at least once in this country.