South Korea is a very different world, and these pictures prove it.
South Korea is a very different world, not familiar to us. And the stories of eyewitnesses who know South Korean life from the inside prove it.
To show how unique this country really is, VseZnaesh.ru has assembled a collection of photos that vividly illustrate its daily life.
1. South Korea’s birth rate is falling and the number of schoolchildren is decreasing, so illiterate senior citizens are allowed to go to school so they can learn to read and write
2. “This is the kind of kit the South Korean authorities sent me on the second day of the quarantine.”
3. Spring blooms in Jeju City
4. Korean trains show “therapeutic soothing commercials” with nothing but newborn puppies
5. At Seoul airport, they print the layout of the aisle to your boarding gate on the back of your boarding pass
6. “My favorite tree in South Korea has survived several typhoons and hurricanes.”
7. The four seasons on Yoido Island
8. One of the cars in the Seoul subway has this mini library
9. Patterns on the inside of the roof of an ancient temple in Korea
10. When they were painting the buildings of an apartment complex, the construction workers covered all the cars in the yard with plastic sheeting so as not to get them dirty inadvertently
11. This Korean sign means: “Watch out for cats!”
12. At Starbucks in Seoul they pack the spun coffee in bags and give it away for free to gardeners as fertilizer.
13. “This is what my daily commute home from work looks like here in Korea.”
14. “I just got a food kit that the Korean government hands out to all the people in quarantine.”
15. 2D Cafe in Seoul
16. Korea: history and modernity
17. A little restaurant in Seoul
18. In South Korea, they’ve introduced traffic lights like this at the pavement level, so that people who don’t constantly look at their smartphones can still see the traffic signals.
19. “Rock Root,” an installation by architect Yong Joo Lee in Hangang Art Park
20. The beauty of South Korea
21. “In South Korea, when you enter the beach, they take your temperature and give you this sticker. If it turns yellow, they take your temperature again.”
22. The chips on the counter are lined up in the order of the changing colors of the rainbow
23. A bench in a park in Seoul with a built-in solar panel has a USB port and a wireless charging station
24. Autumn in Bukansan
25. The oldest pine tree in Dedunsan City
26. The fruit ice has a mini stand that keeps it from leaking on your hands
27. An unusual way to inspire people to use stairs – which, however, doesn’t really work anyway
28. South Korea has a special TV channel for dogs with relevant programs
29. The art of lattes in a cafe in Seoul
30. In the city of Ansan you can find “rest islands” for pedestrians on the sidewalk every half kilometer
31. The entrance to Chroma Club in Seoul, the world’s largest nightclub
32. Sanitizer on the escalator in South Korea
33. South Korea has self-cleaning streets
34. Store-bought cakes in South Korea usually come with a plastic knife with candles and matches hidden inside
35. Supermarkets in South Korea offer customers test samples of toilet paper
More amazing things:
* The company Meta Platforms, which owns Instagram, Facebook, and Votsap, is recognized as an extremist organization and its activities are banned in Russia.
You might also like
Wild facts proving ancient China was an absolutely crazy place
The 20 largest cities in the world by population
16 craziest laws still in effect today
Historic photos of famous landmarks during construction
14 unusual vacation spots in the former Soviet Union