9 places in Russia that are indistinguishable from other famous corners of our planet
If you dream about traveling around the world and discovering the brightest and most famous places on the planet, then look for a start at what you can find in the vast expanses of Russia. You’ll be surprised how much these 9 “domestic” places are similar to those distant corners that we’ve only seen in pictures!
Does it look like New Zealand?
Actually: The Ai River in the South Urals.
Looks like the Uyuni salt marsh in Bolivia?
Actually: Salt Lake Elton in the Volgograd region.
Looks like Canada?
Actually: Chechnya’s Lake Kezenoi Am (Eisenham).
Looks like Yellowstone?
Actually: Valley of Geysers in Kamchatka.
Looks like Iceland?
Actually: Mountain Spirit Lake in Yergaki Nature Park in Krasnoyarsky Krai.
Looks like the Swiss Alps?
Actually: The Tsey Gorge in North Ossetia, on the northern slopes of the Central Caucasus.
Looks like Venice?
Looks like the Stone Forest in Madagascar?
Actually: Divnogorje is a museum-reserve and plateau in the Voronezh region.
Looks like Tibet?
Actually: the Golden Abode of Shakyamuni Buddha in Elista, Kalmykia.
Surprise your friends by sharing this post with them!
Join our community on Telegram, we’re already over 1 million people
15 famous landmarks that have shown themselves to be off the beaten path
We’ve all seen postcard angles of the world’s most popular landmarks 1,000 times each. But how many can we? Having learned by heart what this or that building or monument looks like, we’d love to look at them from a completely different perspective. Wouldn’t we?
Everyone remembers what the Tower of Pisa looks like from the outside. And from the inside? Everyone remembers what the Eiffel Tower looks like from the outside. And from below? We are sure that the non-parade part of famous places can evoke strong positive emotions just as well as the standard one. Shall we check it out?
1. The Tower of Pisa, inside view
2. Sydney Opera House, top view
3. Sculpture of David, rear view
4. View of New York City from the head of the Statue of Liberty
5. Eiffel Tower at night, view from below
6. View of Volgograd from the statue “Motherland Calls!
7. “Mona Lisa” in Louvre, view from the side
8. Mosque to the right of the Taj Mahal, view from the Taj Mahal itself
9. Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, Satellite photo
10. Burj Khalifa and other Dubai skyscrapers among the clouds
11. Stonehenge and surrounding infrastructure
12. “Dragon Head, the end/beginning of the Great Wall of China in the east.
This is Jiayu gate – the westernmost gate of the Great Wall of China.
13. The White House, USA, as seen from the side.
14. View from the top of the Pyramid of Cheops
15. The Face of the Statue of Liberty from the Inside
Bonus: Winter at the Colosseum