We present you the most interesting and memorable places to visit in Dmitrov, Moscow region. Among them can be museums, monuments, theaters, temples and even industrial enterprises! After visiting them you can also write your review and share your impressions with other travelers!
Museum-reserve is a museum complex, which includes almost entirely Dmitrov Kremlin of the XII century. The Kremlin includes a complex of offices, Elizabethan Church, Noble Assembly, Alexander Chapel, the Assumption Cathedral. The center of the citadel is the museum of local history, founded in 1918. Its exposition of the museum is based on items collected by… Information, link to the official site
Alley of Glory is a place that immortalizes the memory of honorary citizens of Dmitrov. The Alley was formed in 2002 by the chestnut trees, each of which is dedicated to a particular person. Among them are the names of Heroes of the Soviet Union, Heroes of Russia, there are also the names of Heroes of Labor, immortalized by copper plates. The Alley of Glory opens with a triumphal arch. A little further is a construct… Information
Boris and Gleb Monastery has been known since the second half of the XV century. The oldest temple of the monastery is the cathedral of Boris and Gleb built in 1537. The temple was built in the best traditions of the Moscow architectural school of the beginning of the 16th century. Later there were wooden buildings around the cathedral. The walls of the temple were painted in 1824, but unfortunately, they were whitewashed. Formed by the se… Information, link to the off. site
The Bolshoye Nest Drama Theatre was established in 1991 on the basis of an amateur theater group founded in 1967. The collective was housed in the district Palace of Culture. A characteristic feature of the theater is that the actors penetrate into the inner world of the characters, the psychology of personality, trying to return to the stage a living person. The audience recognizes themselves in their characters… Information, link to the official site
Dmitrov Local History Museum is one of the best in the Moscow region. It was opened in 1918 with the help of P.A. Kropotkin. The basic collection of the museum is based on the objects of the 1920s, which were discovered in ethnographic expeditions, creations of fine and applied art. There are unique documents, photo and video materials in the museum funds. Special attention is… Information, reference to the official site
The Theater Studio Harlequin is a children’s theater of Dmitrov, founded in 1990. The initiator and the main director of the theater was Vladimir Solovyov. Originally the theater was called “On Podlipichie, where children play”, in 2006 the name was changed to “Harlequin” – after a long time plan of the artistic director. In 1995 the theater was awarded the title of “Exemplary”. The repertoire of the theater includes mu… Information
The house of the Klyatovs is one of the monuments of architecture of the 19th century. It is the oldest building in the city and also one of the most decorative. The house was built in the style of wooden Russian classicism in 1822 – from wood and lined with boards. Architecturally the house is rectangular, has one floor, a mezzanine, as well as an open arched loggia. The facade of the building is made with a risalit… Information
The house, owned by Countess O. D. Milyutina, daughter of the famous Minister of War D. A. Milyutin, a close friend of the Olsufiev family and an acquaintance of Leo Tolstoy, is a striking example of Art Nouveau architecture. The building was built at the turn of the XIX-XX centuries, surrounded by a vast garden. O.D.Milyutina was a trustee of the Dmitrov female gymnasium and in 1900s she arranged in her house a children’s… Information
The house of the merchants Fufayevs was originally a noblemen’s house, built in 1840-1850 at the intersection of Pushkinskaya Street and Semenyuk Street. This house was purchased by the merchant P.I. Fufayev from the family of the county treasurer Nazimov. The house is a one-story wooden chopped house with a mezzanine, located on a brick plinth. The corners of the mezzanine are secured by simplified cantilevered pilasters.
The building of the former gymnasium is the only example of neoclassical building in the city. The school was built by the project of architect S.K. Rodionov in 1915. The brick two-storey building perfectly fits into the architectural composition of the city complementing it with its unique style. The building is situated opposite to the Uspensky Cathedral with its main facade facing it. Information
The historic square is the main sightseeing place of Dmitrov. In its center there is Dmitrovsky Kremlin Museum-Reserve, and it is surrounded by a rampart of XII century with the total length of about 980 meters. Once on the rampart there were fortified walls and towers, which covered the defenders of the fortress. Inside the rampart there is a magnificent Assumption Cathedral, built in 1523. Here … Information
The Church of Kazan icon of the Mother of God was founded in 1644. Since the 15th century it had acted as the Church of the Mother of God. The new orthodox church in the name of St. George with the altar began to be built in 1735. In 1753 the lighting of the new temple with a cold altar was carried out. In 1779 a chapel was erected and equipped with a warm altar of the icon of the Mother of God “Joy of All Who Sorrow”. … Information, link to the off. site
The Stone of Wishes is located next to the snow-white Cathedral of the Assumption on Historic Square. There is a broken horseshoe embedded in the stone, which tells us that on this spot, according to legend, Yuri Dolgoruky’s horse broke a horseshoe by stepping on the stone. To commemorate this event, a corresponding inscription was carved on a large boulder and a broken horseshoe was attached. Nearby there is a bridge, made by… Information
The composition of the Good Angel of Peace is a symbol of kindness and mercy. The grand opening took place in 2008 in the park of birch grove. The project was created by O.V.Oleynik and P.T.Stransky. The composition is a white colonnade with one tall column in front of it. On it is set a gilded angel holding a dove, which according to the z… Information.
The Ice Palace is a sports complex which includes several arenas and is a venue for cultural events in the city. The central place is taken by the ice arena. Here the stars of Russian pop music perform, hockey matches are held. Also in the sports complex are: Figure Skating and Curling Center, swimming pool, Extreme Park, Lokomotiv Stadium. At the ice … Information, link to the off-site.
The bridge of happiness is located on the Historical Square. It is a symbol of good luck as well as the strength of marriage. The footbridge was installed on a picturesque pond, where, according to legend, the horse of Yuri Dolgoruky broke a horseshoe by stepping on a stone. To commemorate this event, a bridge was built here, whose railings are made in the form of horseshoes, and on its two sides there are two more large horseshoes. Siu… Information
The museum is located in the house where Vladimir Mikhailovich Golitsyn (1901-1943), a descendant of an ancient family of Princes Golitsyn used to live. In the 30s of the last century, the whole family was moved from Moscow. Having scattered over different places, the large family settled in the town of Dmitrov.The museum is a conditional box, in which time is packed. The mailbox and the clock are the ancient inhabitants of the house. In the interactive mu… Information
Obelisk in honor of Dorofey Semenyuk, a native of the Ukrainian Zhitomir County soldier of the 2nd Railway Battalion, was established in 1922 on his grave. The death of battalion sergeant Zolotarev, in which the soldier was falsely convicted and sentenced to death by firing squad, is linked to the name of Semenyuk. The battalion in which D. Semenyuk served was notable for its revolutionary character. … Information
The monument to Cyril and Methodius, the creators of the old Slavic alphabet and language, who preached Christianity, was erected in May 2004 near the Church of the Assumption in the Kremlin. The monument was created by academic sculptor, member of the Presidium of Russian Academy of Arts, A. Rukavishnikov and architect R. Narski. For our contemporaries the figures of Cyril and Methodius are valuable s… Information
The monument to Russian princes Boris and Gleb, who were the first Russian saints, was erected near the Boris and Gleb monastery in August 2006. The author of the monument was sculptor-academician, member of the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Arts Alexander Rukavishnikov. This monument occupies a special place among the sights of our time. By grace and emotionality it is not inferior to the monument.
Monument to Pyotr Kropotkin, the world-famous anarchist, Russian revolutionary, scientist, geographer and geologist. The monument is situated in the house where he lived in Dmitrov (1918). The project of the monument was developed by famous master A. Rukavishnikov. The sculptor was able to give the monument a portrait likeness. The monument is a figure of … Information
The oldest Internet publication for business travelers, presenting information necessary for planning business trips, vacations, all kinds of travels and trips. The site presents information by sections: cities and countries, regions, villages and settlements, embassies, air and train schedules, cab, hotels, guest houses, hostels, mini-hotels, restaurants, cafes, clubs, saunas, theaters, museums and much more. Read more
- Our reviews
- Photo gallery
Add a museum, theater, exhibition center, gallery, monument, industrial enterprise, church, memorial, etc.
08.04.2022 In connection with the withdrawal of Booking.com from Russia, the Ministry of Finance offered the Russian analogues of Airnb, Hotels.com, Booking.com accommodation booking services, among which is Komandirovka.ru! Read more
We use our own classification of hotels, which may differ from the state classification of the tourist industry.
20 main attractions in Dmitrov
Dmitrov is one of the oldest cities near Moscow: it is only 7 years younger than the capital. The construction of the Moscow Canal made the city a port city as well. So you can also travel here by water. The Great Patriotic War left its mark on the history of Dmitrov. In 1941, there were fights at the Peremilovskaya heights in its vicinity. Their outcome did not allow the Nazis to attack Moscow directly. This feat is marked by the inclusion of Dmitrov in the number of cities of military glory.
The main attractions are the Kremlin and numerous Orthodox sites. Some temples were not closed even during the Soviet era and managed to preserve their unique relics. The Dmitrov Kremlin has become a reserve museum, and its exhibits cover an impressive time period and fully tell about the history and culture of the region.
What to see and where to go in Dmitrov?
The most interesting and beautiful places to walk. Photos and a brief description.
It is recognized as a historical monument of the XII century. Was the residence of local princes. For a short time in different periods was owned by Poles and Lithuanians. Each of the extant objects on the territory of the Kremlin is a separate attraction. Dormition Cathedral and the rampart are especially notable. The length of the latter is 980 meters. The main entrance to the Kremlin is Nikolskie Vorota, recreated in our time.
Places to visit first of all. All the most popular and interesting. Main cultural and historical monuments.
Built in the first years of the XVI century. The architecture of the cathedral is influenced by the Italian style. Presumably, the project could deal masters from Europe. Several restorations changed the initial appearance of the temple. The most significant restorations took place in the XIX century. After the Bolsheviks came to power, they destroyed the spire and bells. Painted walls, as well as the iconostasis of the XVII century survived by a miracle.
Located in front of the Kremlin. In the past it was called the Upper Square and Revolution Square. It became Soviet in the 20s of the last century. There are several fountains, working in the summer. Nearby there is a walking alley, along which the commercial buildings and cafes stretch. Mass cultural events are held on the square. These days there is a prefabricated stage. The area was renovated in 2004 for the anniversary of the city.
Monument to Jury Dolgorukiy
It was established in the Soviet square. Yury Dolgorukiy founded the city. The sculpture is dated 2001. Dolgorukiy stands with his back to the entrance to the territory of the Kremlin. On the opposite side of the square since 1950 is a monument to Lenin. The leader of the world proletariat and the prince are pointing at each other. This amusing coincidence gave rise to many interpretations of the gesture and jokes among the locals.
Located near the Kremlin. Named after the explorer and anarchist Peter Kropotkin. The street is known primarily for its sculptures. The time of installation was in 2003. The style is the same for all figures, but they represent different estates and even centuries. On Kropotkinskaya Square there is a garden woman with a cat, noblemen walking by, a merchant and a merchant’s wife, a teacher and other colorful characters.
Local history museum of Dmitrovsky region
Museum-reserve was opened in 1918. It is partially located on the territory of the Dmitrov Kremlin and bears a corresponding name. All in all the united structure of the museum includes 12 buildings. Its funds include 40 thousand units of storage. Among the exhibits: icons, oil paintings, graphics, porcelain, furniture, weapons. Museum and exhibition complex was put into operation in 2004. The permanent exposition tells about Dmitrov from the XVIII century to the present day.
The house-museum of P. A. Kropotkin.
It is a branch of “Dmitrovskiy Kremlin”. In this house the researcher and anarchist Pyotr Kropotkin spent the last years of his life. The mansion has an attic. The rooms are reconstructed furniture of the beginning of the last century. The collection is divided into several expositions. One of the exhibitions is devoted to Count Olsufyev, who owned the house earlier. The decision to create the museum was made in 1991, but it received its first visitors only in 2014.
Bolshoy Nest Theater
In 1967, a creative team was created. It remained an amateur theater until 1991. When it got its new status, the Bolshoye Gnezdo also got a room in the district Palace of Culture. Its troupe is not large – only 14 professional actors. Repertoire is classics, but with interpretations. Plays are staged for young spectators. The theater participates in major festivals and shows.
Boris and Gleb Men’s Monastery
There is no exact date of foundation, although the monastery is mentioned in chronicles since the 15th century. There is a theory that the monastery was founded by Yuri Dolgoruky. At the territory, in addition to the Cathedral of Boris and Gleb, there is a chapel, monastic cells, St. Nicholas Church and the refectory. Old buildings coexist with modern ones. The main relic is a part of the Holy Cross. Thousands of pilgrims come here every year because of it.
Monument to Saints Boris and Gleb
The solemn opening of the monument took place in 2006. Its creation was timed to the anniversary of the monastery, which bears the name of these two saints. Sculptor A. Rukovishnikov decided to portray Boris and Gleb in military attire, to emphasize their contribution to the defense of their native land. The pedestal has an unusual shape. Especially prominent is the “arc roof”. Bronze figures on horses are blessed by representatives of the Russian Orthodox Church.
Church of Kazan
The church was founded in 1644. A century later at this place appeared a new temple. Subsequently a chapel was built nearby as well as a warm altar of the icon “Joy of All Who Sorrow”. The main relic is a copy of the “Life-Giving Cross of the Lord”. During the Soviet period the church was not closed and was not subjected to persecution or encroachment of values. An orthodox library and a Sunday school have been opened in the church.
It was first mentioned in manuscripts of the XVII century. The building was wooden and was replaced by a stone one in XVIII century. In 1832 was built a three-tiered bell tower, later it was added another “floor”. The original decoration of the church was very rich. During Soviet times, the church was not closed. Among the relics are valuable icons, personal belongings, and a lock of hair from the tonsure of the holy martyr Seraphim.
It is recognized as a monument of architecture and history. It was built at the turn of XVIII-XIX centuries. The plan of the construction includes a refectory and a bell tower. The architectural style is a mixture of baroque and classicism. After the revolution the church was closed. It was gradually decaying and remained inoperable until 1996. The bells rang again after the reconstruction. The biggest value is the Tikhvin icon of the Mother of God.
A wooden church was built on this site in the 17th century. It fell into disrepair without help, and after the victory in the War of 1812 it was decided to build a new church here. The idea was sponsored by local merchants. Two years later the church welcomed its first parishioners. During the Soviet times all the valuables were taken out and the building was used as a warehouse for grain. In 1992 it was given back to the Russian Orthodox Church. Now the church is active.
Located in Yakhroma. The monastery was founded by one of the disciples of Sergius of Radonezh in 1361. Two centuries later the men’s monastery began to flourish. The monks provided for themselves through trade, and they were also given money by the nobility. During the Soviet times, the monastery was closed and part of the buildings were given to museums and home for the disabled. It has been operating since 2007.
The building of the railway station
Although the building was constructed in 1887, the station opened only 13 years later. The project is typical for central Russia. However, the structure lacks towers and spires, which is unusual for other similar facilities. On the right is the suburban ticket office, on the left is the waiting room. Attentive tourists may discern traces of Old Russian architecture in the architecture. However, repairs and modern painting have reduced such details to a minimum.
Park “Birch Grove”.
The creation of the park is connected with the construction of the Moscow Canal. Initially there was an ordinary forest belt. Only in 1966 the park received its official status and present name. The next two decades were spent decorating the entertainment areas, in the form of rides. Then built a summer stage and a cafe. Already in our century was a big reconstruction, which allowed to modernize the park and attract more visitors.
Peremilovskaya Vysota (Yakhroma)
It is located in Yakhroma, which is only one and a half kilometers from Dmitrov. In 1941, the battles of the Soviet army and the fascist troops took place here. Without surrendering the height, the native soldiers were able to prevent a direct and lightning attack on the capital. To commemorate those events in 1966, a memorial – a figure of a soldier rushing into battle – was installed. The total height of the bronze monument with a pedestal is 28 meters.
Sorochany ski resort
It is built on the slopes of the Klinsk-Dmitrovskaya range. Thanks to its convenient location and affordable prices it is one of the most popular centers for active recreation in the Moscow region. In winter, several kinds of trails, an outdoor skating rink, and a ropeway are open. The season lasts from December to April. In summer, the resort continues to operate. Sports grounds, rentals and water attractions are available.
Dmitrov is located almost in the middle on the design plan of the canal. The total length of the artificial waterway is 128 km. Along its entire length there are locks, dams, hydroelectric power stations and bridges. And the water from the Volga is “pumped” with special pumps. The construction took place in the 30s of the last century. At the same time, the canal became navigable. The work was carried out quickly, and the prisoners of a specially created camp worked here.
Complete the article, describe your impression of the city (country) or a particular landmark.
Moscow is multifaceted and grandiose, each time it turns to the traveler thousands of dissimilar.
Ancient Kolomna is a subject of fierce dispute of powerful princedoms, the land marked by beneficial activity of Venerable Sergius
Zvenigorod is a small pretty town in the west of the Moscow region. It is one of the oldest settlements
The town of Klin near Moscow began its history in the 14th century. The earliest architectural monument, which has reached